I was thinking about how many things we could really be proud of ourselves for each day that seem to be regularly overlooked. This is a list of twenty things that you should feel good about yourself for on a regular basis, no matter what else is going wrong.
- I got out of bed today without breaking my alarm clock. I am clearly developing a new level of tolerance!
- I was driving on the road today and I didn’t hit anyone. Like not even ONE person. Pretty much I am an incredibly good driver!
- I didn’t tell anyone that they looked like an old hag today. I am tactful!
- I turned off a light today after I left the room. I am saving energy!
- I complained about the government today. I am politically aware!
- I didn’t poop in the neighbor’s yard today (whether or not my dog did). I am a GREAT neighbor!
- I was either attentive, on-time or at school or work today. I am a good student/employee!
- I didn’t leave my carpool/family when they made me wait for *insert any amount of time here from 1 millisecond or eternity*for them in the car today. I am patient!
- I watched *insert any number two or more* different shows on the TV today. I have diversity!
- I fast-forwarded through/went to the bathroom during some commercials today. I don’t waste time!
- I walked from the door of my bedroom to the bed without tripping or breaking anything. I have a clean bedroom!
- I listened to music I like today and I really enjoyed it. I have a talent for enjoying someone else’s talent!
- I spent *insert any amount here, especially if it makes you feel guilty because you shouldn’t have spent that much, higher the better!* on *insert any purchases here from shoes and clothes to music and media*. I have hugely contributed to *insert name of company or artist here*’s success!
- I smiled at least once today (if you haven’t, do so now). I am an optimistic and cheerful person!
- I slept today. (If you took a nap be doubly proud of yourself) I am a healthy person and take care of my needs!!
- I walked to my *couch, kitchen, front door, etc.* today. I am athletic!
- I said *Thanks, thnx, thank you* with any degree of sarcasm or sincerity today. I am a grateful person!
- I *changed channels or radio station, skipped a song on my ipod/CD, turned my pillow over for the cool side, etc.*. I am a selective person of high standards!
- I wasn’t mad at my alarm clock when I went to sleep this evening. I am forgiving!
- I read this article online about self-esteem. I am continually improving myself!
Hopefully all of these applied to you today and if not hopefully most of them did, and if not at least you can boost your self-esteem by knowing that you are a very unique person.
This article is by Lela, a writer for Ready Holster.