Some people say that it is just another commercial holiday designed to get our money out of our pockets, and perhaps even your girlfriend will agree with that sentiment if the topic comes up in conversation, but don’t kid yourself; IT IS IMPORTANT! Now that has been cleared up, let’s think of ways to make it the most memorable Valentine’s Day of all time. A simple solution is to make it all pink, everything! Here are some ideas that should help you meet the challenge.
- ·The Basics: This is the easy part. All you have to do is choose wisely when you are picking out your card. Make it big, and make it pink. Check out the envelope as well. We’re going all out here, a white envelope will mess it all up.
- ·A Little Taster: Find an attractive, and not too garish, pink bag. This should be the kind that can be carried around easily enough when heading out into town. As long as it’s not a plastic one, you’ll be doing ok. Now think about what little treats you can fill that with. Some pink Himalayan bath salts could be a start; they are soothing, detoxifying, and pink! Throw some perfume in there too. Love, Chloe comes in a neat little champagne pink bottle that will do the trick. Top this little hamper off with something edible. Pink biscuits from Fossier, the company that once provided sweets for Luis XVI, will definitely have her heading off for work all smiles.
- ·The Meal: This could be the make or break of the whole day. You have started it off brilliantly, now you’ve got to finish it properly too. There will be no steak and chips tonight. You need to get creative, and you need to keep it pink. Your starter is going to be a lovely little crayfish salad. You might not have heard of this before, but it’s pink, so you better get familiar with it fast. The main is a bit simpler. Head down to the gourmet section of the supermarket and pick up some high quality Scottish salmon. You can add a few greens and some potatoes to the plate as we do need a little bit of relief from the onslaught of pink, and you must think about your 5 a day! Top off your banquet with a delicious cranberry mousse, maybe even throw a few cherries on top.
- ·The Bling: You’re doing brilliantly, the whole day has been one long unforgettable success; it’s time for the piece de resistance. J-Lo set the trend for pink bling when she was presented with a pink diamond in her engagement ring. You don’t have to hit those exact same heights but you’ve got to look like you at least want to get close. A knock off of the J-Lo piece can be picked up for small change but you should probably be thinking something closer to high three figures if you really want to finish this day right.
- ·Et toi? The night is almost upon us and you are about to show exactly how committed you are to this perfect day of pink celebration. A scattering of pink rose petals will lead you both into the bedroom where you can proudly unveil your brand new pink boxers.
The article was written by Alisha Webb on behalf of Kitstone – Handmade painted kitchens.